Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) or Ayushman Bharat that was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in September last year offers a cover of up to Rs 5 lakh per family a year for secondary and tertiary care.
The PMJAY cardholders can avail of these benefits without making any payment at public and empanelled hospitals.Read more ↓
In times of health crisis, the facility is a real clincher deal for the eligible beneficiaries who can then avail of these services anywhere in India. What’s more, pre-existing diseases are also covered under this scheme.
As per the official site of PMJAY, the following criteria decide if one is eligible for enrolment under this scheme.
- In the rural areas, the PMJAY health cover is available to:
- Members of SC/ST households
- Families with no male member aged 16-59 years
- Beggars and those surviving on alms
- Families with no individuals aged between 16-59 years
- Families with a physically challenged member, no able-bodied adult member
- Landless households with members working as casual manual labourers
- Primitive tribal communities
- Legally released bonded labourers
- Families living in one-room makeshift houses with no proper walls or roof
- Manual scavenger families
- Mechanics, electricians, repair workers
- Domestic help
- Sanitation workers, gardeners, sweepers
- Home-based artisans or handicraft workers, tailors
- Cobblers, hawkers and others providing services by working on streets or pavements
- Plumbers, masons, construction workers, porters, welders, painters and security guards
- Transport workers like drivers, conductors, helpers, cart or rickshaw pullers
- Assistants, peons in small establishments, delivery boys, shopkeepers and waiters…Read more>>