The EPFO or Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation provides an online facility that enables EPF (Employees’ Provident Fund) subscribers to access their passbook. The EPF passbook contains a statement of the contributions to an EPF account. EPF subscribers can access the passbook of their provident fund account digitally from either retirement fund body EPFO’s member portal, epfindia.gov.in, or through mobile app UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance). In an EPF account, the employee contributes 12 per cent of his or her pay (basic wages, dearness allowance and retaining allowance) towards the account, and an equal amount is contributed by the employer, according to the EPF website – epfindia.gov.in.
Here’s how you can access your EPF passbook online, through the EPFO portal (passbook.epfindia.gov.in) and mobile app UMANG:Read more ↓
EPF member portal
1. The user is required to visit the EPFO website – epfindia.gov.in – and access the “e-passbook” option. The user is then redirected to the EPF passbook page, passbook.epfindia.gov.in.
2. The user can proceed by logging in to the account by entering his or her username (also known as UAN or Universal Account Number) and password. The UAN is an identification number mentioned in the monthly salary slip of an employee.
3. Once logged in, the details on the concerned employment can be selected. For example, someone who has worked in three different organisations would have three different member IDs to choose from.
4. After a member ID is selected, the user can view the EPF e-passbook (or EPF passbook). The passbook indicates the running balance in the EPF account.
5. The user can even download the EPF passbook or UAN passbook in its current state.
Mobile app UMANG
1. Once in the main page of the Umang app, the user is required to log in to access the various services.
2. The user may proceed by selecting the “EPFO services” option.
3. On the next page, the user may proceed by selecting “employee-centric services”.
4. The next page displays multiple options including “view passbook”, “raise claim” and “track claim”. The user may proceed by clicking on “view passbook”.
5. The user is required to enter the UAN (Universal Account Number) and log in using an OTP- or one-time passcode-based verification facility. The OTP is sent to the registered mobile number of the EPF subscriber.
6. The user is then required to select the member ID of the concerned employment to check the EPF balance. After this step, the passbook is displayed on the screen along with the EPF balance.