Rythu Bharosa scheme was launched by Andhra Pradesh government in June 2019 and is a welfare scheme for the farmers. The scheme aims at providing financial assistance to the farmers. The scheme was a part of the election manifesto of YSRCP and as promised, the scheme was successfully launched in July 2019. However, the implementation was done on 15th October 2019.
The scheme provides financial assistance of Rs. 13, 500 to the farmers, on an annual basis. Under this, Rs. 7500 will be paid by the state government and 6000 by the Central government under Kissan Samman Nidhi Scheme.Read more ↓
Also, the initial beneficiaries will receive around 4 lakh under this scheme. The budget allocated by the state government under this scheme is Rs. 5500 crore. Apart from all these, the scheme also assures free borewells and zero-interest loans to the eligible farmers. Under this scheme, the amount will directly be transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
Benefits of this scheme
- YSR Rythu Bharosa scheme is a state-level welfare scheme and targets the needy farmers where eligible farmers can avail zero-interest loans.
- The tenant farmers are eligible to get Rs. 2500 per year under this scheme.
- The farmers will also get free borewell facilities, nine hours of free electricity in a day.
- Cold storage units will also be established across the states and the road tax for tractors belonging to the farmers will no longer be continued under the scheme.
- Life insurance cover will also be provided to dependents of farmers, which may amount to Rs. 5 lakh. Also, the premium will be paid by the government.
Milk dairies will be reopened and many pending irrigational projects will be completed…Read more>>