Employee’s Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has an online facility for its members to make corrections in their name, date of birth and other details in the EPFO record online with ease. This facility is much simpler compared to the offline system.
In the offline system, if an employee wants to correct his/her basic details against UAN, employee and employer are required to submit a joint request to the concerned EPFO field office, which is a time taking process. But in the online system, these corrections can be made easily with the least possible time.Read more ↓
After accepting a request from the member, the system will compare the requested changes with similar fields received from UIDAI. After successful verification, the request will be transferred to the employer’s login for online transmission to EPFO field office. Field offices of EPFO will process the requested corrections after receiving the request from members and employers.
Guide to correct name, date of birth and other details in your EPF account:
1) Login to members interface of Unified Portal using UAN and password.
2) On the home screen click on “Manage>Modify Basic Details”. If your Aadhaar is already verified, then your details will not be editable.
3) Enter the correct details as mentioned in your Aadhaar following which the system will verify the details entered with your Aadhaar data.
4) After entering your details, click on “Update Details” following which your request will be submitted to your employer for further approval.
5) Your employer will login to the Employer Interface of Unified Portal. He can view the change request submitted by the employees by clicking on “Member>Details Change Request”.
6) The employer will then take appropriate action by giving proper remarks.
7) After approval of the request, the employer can see the latest status of the request.
8) After approval of the request by the employer, the request will appear as a task in the login of EPFO official of the concerned EPFO office, in the Field Office Interface of Unified Portal.
9) The dealing assistant can log in and view the online requests by clicking on “Member>Details Change Request”.
10) After due verification, the EPFO official can submit his/her recommendations to section supervisor. The EPFO official who is dealing with the case can put the case either for approval or rejection by selecting the appropriate radio button with a proper remark. In the same manner section supervisor of the field office can submit his/her recommendations to APFC/RPFC…Read more>>