NEW DELHI: For third time in a row, state-owned telecom operator Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) has extended the deadline for the 25% cashback on its annual broadband plans. The new deadline has now been set to May 31, 2019. BSNL took to Twitter to make the announcement. This cashback is applicable to all new and existing BSNL landline, broadband and BharatFibre customers.
For those unaware, this 25% cashback scheme was first announced in December 2018 for new and existing BSNL landline, broadband, and broadband Wi-Fi subscribers of annual and half-yearly broadband plans in India. Then back in March 2019, BSNL extended the 25% cashback offer on its annual plans till March 31. After that, it was again extended by a month — till April 30 — only for annual plan subscribers.Read more ↓
In order to avail this cashback, BSNL customers annual plan subscribers have to follow these steps:
– Login to the BSNL Broadband connection.
– Agree to subscribe to the scheme
– Once you agree a new window will open
– Enter Service ID (Landline or FTTH broadband Number) along with CAPTCHA
– Enter the OTP you receive on your registered mobile number
– Enter OTP and press validate
– Verify your details for the existing plan and proposed annual plan
– If you wish to change the plan for 25% cashback click on submit. Click on cancel in case no change is required.
– You will get a message on the screen with change request number once the order is created.
This 25% cashback will be given only as credit to customers’ account only when the invoice, in which annual plan is billed, is paid by the customer.
This credited amount can be used by customers for further availing more services from BSNL including payment of future bills. If the BSNL subscribers change plan to lower rental plan or disconnects the service before tenure of rental option, then a debit with an equivalent amount as of cashback will be posted.
Notably, BSNL users can create a request to change the plan once a month only. In case a request to change the plan is already in progress, new request will not be accepted.